Welcome to The Dairy
The Dairy has 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4 (+ cot). The original character of the barn has been retained with exposed brickwork and original rafters. And the under floor heating, leather sofas, en-suite bathroom and crisp white linen ensure you’ll enjoy maximum comfort. Every detail has been thought of in this open-plan home – you’ll find everything you could ever need in the modern kitchen and if you have little ones please request the stair gate, travel cot, bed guard and high chair. A gravel drive to the front leading to a large shared garden with BBQ and garden furniture means you can enjoy the farmland views and beautiful sunsets.
A little more about the layout and facilities:
Kitchen – Electric oven/hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, Tassimo coffee machine and every kitchen gadget you could need.
Living/Dining area – Open plan with high ceilings and white painted beams. You’ll enjoy comfy leather sofas, a TV with DVD player, DAB radio with bluetooth, a good selection of books, puzzles & board games, oak dining table and 4 chairs, and a large window looking out onto the garden.
Bedroom 1 – Double bedroom with a television and an en-suite shower room/W.C.
Bedroom 2 – Two single beds.
Bathroom – Spacious bathroom with Bath and W.C.
Outside – Large shared lawn garden with farmland views. Private patio with wooden furniture, parasol and barbeque. Traditional wooden garden games and outdoor toys including ride on tractors. Gravel drive with parking for 2 cars and shed for secure bicycle storage.
We provide – A travel cot, high chair, bed guard and stair gate are available free of charge on request. Free WiFi. Bed linen (except cot bedding), tea towels, towels and hairdryers are provided.
The Dairy is available – for week long breaks starting on a Friday, and for short breaks from Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday.
Please note The Dairy is non-smoking and pet-free.
See below for prices and availability.
Lodge Farm The Dairy Tariff 2020
Our prices include central heating, electricity, bed linen (except cot bedding), towels, and VAT.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is Friday. Short breaks are Friday-Monday (3 nights), or Monday-Friday (4 nights).
We can sometimes offer alternative changeover days especially in our quieter months- please ask.
|Dairy Sleeps 4|
|3 January – 13 February||£360.00||£275.00|
|14 February – 20 February *||£400.00||£300.00|
|21 February – 2 April||£375.00||£285.00|
|3 April – 16 April *||£540.00||£405.00|
|17 April – 7 May||£425.00||£320.00|
|8 May – 21 May||£475.00||£355.00|
|22 May – 28 May *||£580.00||£435.00|
|29 May – 25 June||£510.00||£385.00|
|26 June – 16 July||£585.00||£440.00|
|17 July – 3 September *||£720.00|
|4 September- 10 September||£560.00||£420.00|
|11 September – 24 September||£480.00||£360.00|
|25 September – 15 October||£430.00||£325.00|
|16 October – 29 October *||£500.00||£375.00|
|30 October – 17 December||£360.00||£275.00|
|Please enquire||7 nights||£650.00|
|Please enquire||4 nights||£535.00|
|Please enquire||4 nights||£535.00|
|Please enquire||3 nights||£460.00|
* School Holidays
All prices are inclusive of VAT – Vat No: 106 169 682
Access Statement for Lodge Farm Cottages – The Dairy
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Lodge Farm Cottages are two self-catering barn conversions on a working arable farm, only a short distance from the coast. The nearest towns are Lowestoft (4 miles) and Beccles (8 miles)
The Dairy has an open plan ground floor, two bedrooms upstairs and sleeps up to four people. Both cottages have exposed brick and original beams. Both cottages are non-smoking and we do not accept pets.
We have tried in this statement to provide as much information as possible. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us, please phone 01502 585291 077477 04526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you.
- We are situated 1.5 miles from the A12 between Lowestoft and Kessingland. We have a website www.lodgefarmcottages.co.uk which contains a map and travel directions.
- Bookings and enquiries can be made by telephone, website contact form, email, and post. Online booking is available on our website.
- Our nearest train stations are Oulton Broad North (3.5 miles) for trains via Norwich, and Oulton Broad South (3 miles) for trains via Ipswich. The main line train station at Lowestoft (4 miles) has a taxi rank.
- Local accessible taxi services are available.
- The nearest bus stop for travel to Lowestoft is 1/2 mile away.
- We can accept online food deliveries prior to your arrival from most of the major online supermarkets.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking.
- Guests will be met at the cottages on arrival for us to hand over the keys and answer any queries.
- We request that we are informed of an estimated time of arrival a few days beforehand.
- We can assist guests with luggage if required.
- The drive and parking area areas are level with a tar and stone surface, which are lit by lights with motion sensors.
- There is parking for 5 cars.
- Each cottage has a brick weave path with a slight incline which leads to the patios and front doors. The gate measures 1m wide and the paths are 17.5m long.
Entrance to Property
- Both cottages have level access to the front door with a sensor light.
- The Dairy front door measures 875mm wide.
- The floors inside the entrance are Karndean.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The Dairy has an open plan living space.
- The lighting is a combination of ceiling spot lights, and wall lights on the landings.
- The stairs and landings in both cottages have short pile fitted carpet.
- There is a hand rail on one side, and the wall on the other. The Dairy staircase is fairly steep and has 13 steps.
- The Dairy has an open plan living/dining area which measures 7.24m x 4.32m. The flooring in both cottages is Karndean with a rug.
- The leather sofas have a seat height of 440mm.
- The lighting is ceiling spot lights and lamps.
- The oak furniture can all be moved. This consists of a tv unit, coffee table and lamp table.
- There is a freeview digital tv with remote control and a dvd player with remote control.
- The dining room area measures 3.6m x 3.6m and is open plan with the kitchen.
- The Dairy has an open plan living/dining area which measures 7.24m x 4.32m.
- The flooring in both cottages is Karndean.
- Both cottages have an oak dining table with legs on each corner and a height of 790mm and underspace which measures 670mm, leather seated dining chairs with no arms which have a seat height of 520mm and a sideboard which is 850mm high.
- There is a cd/radio with ipod dock.
- The lighting is ceiling spot lights, plus a table lamp.
- The Dairy kitchen is open plan to the living/dining area, and its floor space measures 1.62m x 1.38m. The flooring is Karndean.
- The lighting is ceiling spotlights with lights under the wall cupboards.
- The kitchens are modern, fully fitted with a selection of wall and base units.
- The worktop is 915mm high.
- The electric built in oven has a drop down door, the hob is electric.
- Integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Automatic front loading washing machine.
- The sink is stainless steel with lever taps.
- All bedrooms have fitted short pile carpet.
- Thermostatically controlled radiators and opening windows.
- Non-feather duvets and pillows.
- Wall lights and bedside lamps.
- Doorways measure 720mm.
- Free WiFi. Mobile phone reception.
- Sorry no pets.
- No smoking.
- Travel cot (not including bedding), bed guard, highchair and stair gate available.
- Nearest doctors surgery – Kessingland 2 miles away.
- Nearest A&E – James Paget Hospital, Gorleston 10 miles away.
- We will review our website annually.
- We will take on board any comments made by our guests to improve the accessibility of the cottages and the service we provide.
- Address: Bridget and Keith Winter, Lodge Farm Bungalow, Gisleham, Lowestoft,Suffolk, NR33 8DT
- Telephone: (01502) 585291, Mobile: 07747 704526
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lodgefarmcottages.co.uk
- Grid Reference: 51202 88669
- Hours Of Operation: All year
- Local Carers: Waveney Care NR32 2EL 01502 530380
- Local Equipment Hire: Lowestoft Shopmobility, NR32 1BA – 01502 588857
- Local Accessible Taxi: Atlas Taxis NR33 0AB – 01502 500000
- Local Public Transport: Train information 0845 7484950
- Bus information 0870 6082608
Booking Terms and Conditions
• Accommodation for a week is booked Friday to Friday; Short breaks are Friday to Monday, or Monday to Friday. Your cottage will be available from 4 pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure, please vacate your cottage no later than 10am.
• A deposit of 25% of the total cottage hire cost is payable on booking. Once the booking has been confirmed with a confirmation letter sent to you by post or email, the deposit will form a binding contract between you and the owners (G. W. Winter & Son). Deposits are non-refundable unless the owners are unable to accept the booking. For bookings made less than 8 weeks prior to arrival, full payment is due at the time of booking.
• The full balance is due 8 weeks (56 days) before the day of arrival. If this is not received, the owners have the right to cancel the booking and the deposit will be lost. Please note – we do not send reminders.
• Cancellations by you must be in writing. If you cancel the booking, you will be liable for the full cost of the holiday unless the owners are able to re-let. If the owners are able to re-let the cottage, all monies less the deposit, and any expenses, costs and losses incurred by the Owners will be refunded. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT CANCELLATION INSURANCE TO AVOID ANY LOSSES.
• The owners reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund if the behaviour of any holidaymaker is deemed unacceptable, or the number of people occupying the cottage exceeds that stated on the website and entered on the Booking Form.
• Smoking is not allowed in the cottages.
• Sorry no pets allowed.
• The owners or their representative shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time for maintenance or inspection purposes.
• Free Wifi is available to our guests. All guests agree not to use the premises broadband for unlawful purposes.
• On departure day, you are responsible for leaving the accommodation, equipment, utensils etc. in good order and in a clean and tidy condition. We do all that we can to ensure that the accommodation is maintained and cleaned to a very high standard; we hope that you will help us to keep it that way.
• Please report any loss or breakages as soon as they occur, so we can repair or replace them before the next guests arrive. The owners reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages discovered after the guests have departed. Normal wear and tear will not be charged.
• Please notify us as soon as possible if you have left any belongings in the cottages, and want them to be returned. Any left items, if unclaimed, will be held for 4 months, and then offered to local charities or disposed of.
• The owners accept no responsibility for any injury, sickness, loss, damage to personal property, additional expenses, or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising from the use of the properties, equipment or access.
• For Health and Safety requirements, we politely ask that you read the Health and Safety Documentation located in your cottage folder on arrival. Please remember that this is a working farm with large machinery in operation. For their safety, all children must be kept under strict supervision.Click here to download these details
Here at Lodge Farm Cottages we are committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all of our activities. We take your privacy very seriously, and only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations which come into effect on 25th May 2018.
Our website www.lodgefarmcottages.co.uk uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. No personal details are stored on this website. We will not sell, distribute or disclose information about you as an individual or your personal usage of the site without your consent or unless required or permitted to do so by law.
We may monitor customer traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimise your use of the site and we may give aggregated statistics to a reputable third-party (Google Analytics), but these statistics will include no information personally identifying you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive your name, address, telephone numbers and email address when you book through our online booking system which is operated by Farmstay UK.
We receive your name,address, telephone numbers and email address when you complete our website contact form.
If you contact us by telephone,email or post,we may keep a record of this correspondence.
All information collected is used in relation to booking accommodation in our cottages. We retain information from bookings and enquiries unless you ask us to delete it. We may contact you following your stay to ask you to submit a review of your visit. We may also use this information to contact you about future updates and events.
We provide links on our website to other sites – Google Maps, Facebook, Local Visitor Attractions etc.
We would like to keep the information about you up-to-date. You may change any of the basic information we keep about you, ask to see this information, or ask us to delete it from our system by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the information which you supply to us we continually strive to improve our standards of customer care at Lodge Farm Cottages, so your feedback is most welcome.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the information below.
Lodge Farm Cottages
We control and operate this website from our offices within England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this website any material contained therein. If you choose to access our website from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you solely agree that in the event of a dispute between ourselves and you, the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times.
Updated May 2018
Click here to download these details